Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chef Tess is Growing! In the Media!


I'm coming out of my shell I'm so excited to share!

First of all, I don't come over to my blog to brag about things, so much as share joy and happiness with all. So, if this blog post is received in the spirit in which I intend it, I hope you will see how sincerely I want to touch as many lives as I can. Many of you have had a glimpse into what and who I am. For the most part I keep it real. For the most part, I keep it zany funny. Well, I wanted to share some great featured news articles and "in the media" opportunities that have come to me the last few days! Three specific articles that came out today! Please share these with your friends and family.

The first article I want to take a minute to talk about is in Identity Magazine. Identity Magazine is an online magazine that empowers women to "Accept. Appreciate. Achieve. ™" If you haven't had a chance to check out their website, it is full of wonderful ideas to help empower women. Not so much the physical fashion tips or trends in make-up and hair, so much as reaching deep into ourselves as women and finding who we really are and letting that light within us, radiate to the world. So, I would totally love to have a lot of feedback on this one. It was actually very emotional for me to write it because it dealt with a personal deep issue. Not about food so much as about my self consciousness when it came to family finance. Accepting I Was Raised On Rich Food Identity .

Second, I am also here again in Identity talking about body identity: I Love My… Brave, Empowering Women! Identity . It's good for a laugh.


Finally, Is anyone out there familiar with Mint.com? They have a blog called Mint Life that specifically teaches people how to save money on everyday things. This article came out today as well:
From Last Night’s Dinner To Today’s Lunch: Add Taste, Save Cash

They also featured my freezer jam recipe last week:
Healthier, Tastier, Cheaper: Homemade Sauces, Jams and Preserves


There you go!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Congratulations CT! And thank you for sharing your heart in this valuable contribution of encouragement...which I believe is your most (among many) wonderful gift. I know I have been blessed by it many times. Only wish the Identity comment section was open. God bless! :)

Chef Tess said...

Well. I'm sure the editor will be reading the comments here so if anyone else wants to put in any words, feel free. I'll post them!

Tracey said...

You are amazing! So, it doesn't surprise me.

Anonymous said...

I loved that first article! Wonderful! I too grew up in a poor family and I have come to realize what valuable skills I learned from growing up that way when it comes to cooking from scratch with what's on hand and also shopping, both for groceries and everything else. Now I am proud of being able to whip up just about what ever we want for dinner out of my pantry and freezer that is stockpiled with everything I may need (which I also purchased in bulk or on sale with coupons).

We just don't learn to appreciate those skills until later in life when we can really use them!

mlebagley said...

Your first article about growing up with less $$ than .... well it seemed like everybody around you, eh?... I LOVED it! It spoke to my soul. You made me cry at work...again. Thanks!