Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Healthy Lean Protein and Veggie Meal in a Jar Soup 5 ways (The 52 Method Continues)




How are you doing on your New Year's resolution to lose weight. Um wait a minute...shouldn't that be a January blog post? Nope. Not for Chef Tess who has made it a real goal to keep moving forward this year even past January!  Look. We're to November! I'm down 45 lbs since time last year...How about you? Are you still struggling? I have work days that last long. Do you? How about a crazy busy schedules that sometimes doesn't really allow you to stop for much of anything? I do too, but I'm still on track. One thing that has been helping me a lot is having a quick-grab ready-made meal on hand. This year it has been the addition of some thick turkey and chicken stews using my freeze dried and dehydrated products. They have been delicious and easy to run with.

These are great for:

  • When I travel, I pack a few in Mylar bags and put them in my check-in luggage! 
  • Take them to work or school for lunch. 
  • College students.
  • Easy to prepare meals in hotel rooms.  
  • Emergency food storage for people that may have carbohydrate issues (like diabetics). 
  • They are gluten-free, sugar-free, and low is cholesterol. 
Cost per meal is right around 4$. Yup. They're cheaper than a drive-thru burger and fries. 

For right around 245 calories, 4 grams of fat 11 g fiber and 15 carbs ( 4 net carbs) it is just perfect!



Chef Tess' Personal Sized

Lean Protein Veggie Hearty Soup Base

In a quart sized jar or mylar bag:
½ cup Freeze Dried Chicken or Freeze DriedTurkey (24 meals per can)
½ tsp granulated onion
½ tsp granulated garlic
1tsp Chef Tess All Purpose Seasoning 
1tsp low sodium no MSG chicken bouillon



Top with an oxygen absorber and seal.

To Prepare: Remove oxygen absorber. Combine contents with 3 cups boiling water and simmer 10 minutes, until tender and hydrated. Or microwave 5 minutes and allow to sit 5 minutes before eating.



Nutritional: yields One large serving (about 3 cups). 4 Net Carbs.
245 calories, 15 carb,
11 g fiber, 4 g fat

For different flavor variations use the same amount of your favorite seasoning from any similar blends. 
Southwestern Fajita seasoning 
Amazing Wok Star seasoning
French Provencal Essential
Greek Olympian
Romantic Italian Seasoning.

More often than not, I eat them straight from the jar by just adding the 3 cups of boiling water to the jar and covering for 10 minutes. It's perfect! They fill me up, and still keep me focused on my goals.



There you go my darlings! Make some healthy soups!
More information on the meals can be found in the links below:



If you have any questions on this food-storage method, visit the post:
52 Method Meals in a Jar Basic Information


Again, the sales of freeze-dried products from my website is a huge blessing to my family and we heavily rely on the income. I know these recipes will bless you and your. I give out the recipes here as a service. If you do share them, please give full credit to this site.  Thank you so much!  Onward an upward!

Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess














No comments: